Choosing the right carpet cleaning company is not an easy job. Many companies offer a wide variety of services, experience and good reviews. But sometimes this is not enough. Knowledge is a key factor that separates the good from the excellent. We present to you 5 common mistakes most carpet cleaners do. If your company of choice does one or more of these mistakes, it means its time for a change.
- They don’t vacuum before cleaning: Vacuuming is a crucial step in steam carpet cleaning, it removes 60% to 70% of the dry soil that is on the carpets. Also, many carpet cleaners will ask you vacuum before they arrive. Pre-Vacuuming a carpet before cleaning is part of the process and it should be included in the service.
- They use too strong or too concentrated chemicals for a carpet with no heavy soil: Carpet Cleaning isn’t a series of steps one should follow; it involves at least an understanding of basic chemistry. This basic knowledge is essential to any carpet cleaning professional in order to make your carpets look as good as new.
- They don’t rinse the chemicals: This will lead to residue in your carpets and will shorten their life span.
- They do not use fans to speed dry the carpets in places with low air circulation: Air movers help to speed dry your carpets, but they are crucial in areas with a low air circulation to prevent moisture.
- They don’t do a post inspection: Success lies in the details; many companies or technicians try to rush the process by skipping important steps like doing a final walk through. The post inspection should be done to insure that you are completely satisfied with the results.